Tyre Manufacturer’s Warranty
TYREMART POLOKWANE proudly stocks and sells leading tyre brands, each representing their own tyre manufacturer warranty. This warranty includes elements such as the number of years a tyre is covered for against manufacturing defects. It will also indicate if the warranty is valid from date of manufacture or date of sale, as this may differ for each brand.
The warranties are for:
- passenger cars;
- light truck tyres For full tyre manufacturer warranty details, please visit each brand’s website.
What is NOT covered by the manufacturer’s warranty (but not limited to the list below):
- any damage to a tyre that occurred as a result of using the tyre for any other reason that it was designed for originally;
- any road hazard injuries or damages caused by obstacles or debris, such as cuts, punctures (whether repairable or not), snags, bruises, tears, abrasions or impact breaks; repairs that have failed due to improper repairs;
- improper inflation or other maintenance abuse such as balancing and wheel alignment not being done every
10 000 kms or faulty shocks or brakes;
- damage due to driving while the tyres are flat;
- improper application of the tyre size and/or specification;
- improper mounting/dismounting procedures or tyre assembly balance;
- mechanical irregularities in the vehicle or wheel, such as bent wheel assemblies, misalignment, defective brakes, defective shock absorbers, worn or faulty components;
- accident, corrosion, vandalism, fire or damage caused by nature;
- the use of fillers, sealants, balancing substances and external treatments or materials of any kind;
- tyres with ride disturbance complaints that have more than 1mm tread wear;
- tyres transferred from the original vehicle on which they were originally installed;
- tyres that have been re-treaded, re-grooved or not repaired in an approved manner;
- tyres which have been modified by the addition or removal of material or any tyre intentionally altered to change its appearance;
- tyres used in racing or other competitive motorsport events;
- flat spot caused by improper transport or storage;
- tyres that the trademark, serial number or D.O.T number is worn or shows signs of having been tampered with;
- errors and Omissions excepted.
Should you feel that your tyre has suffered any manufacturing defects (eliminating the above), please visit a TYREMART POLOKWANE CBD for further inspection.
More Product Manufacturer Warranties
Your safety is our concern and that is why TYREMART stock quality brands. Each manufacturer has their own specific warranty. These warranties can be viewed on their various websites. The original invoice will be required. These are basic overview terms and conditions to the warranties.
- A confident lifetime warranty is offered on our brake pads for manufacturing defects.
- The manufacturer reserves the right to inspect and examine all relevant vehicles and or associated components subject to a claim under the warranty to determine the cause of the failure.
- Warranties does not cover: wear and tear, altered or modification to the products, misuse or abnormal driving conditions, incorrectly fitted, fitted to discs in poor condition or used in any applications for which they were not intended.
There is a generous three year warranty on passenger and light commercial vehicles’ shock absorbers against manufacturing defects. Effective on Gabriel, KYB and Monroe brands.
Manufacturer’s terms and conditions apply.
Exclusions on the warranty are not limited to the list:
- shock absorbers which are used on application not meant for its use;
- modified shock absorbers;
- damaged due to an accident;
- failed shock absorbers for reasons other than fair wear and tear during proper use;
- re-conditioned shock absorbers.
- Sabat batteries offer a 24-month warranty
- Willard batteries offer a 24-month warranty
- Exide batteries offer a 24-month warranty
Wheels come with a 12-month manufacturer’s warranty from date of purchase on manufacturing defects.
- Proof of purchase will be required.
- Please note that there is no warranty on Chrome finished wheels.
tow bars offer a standard 5-year warranty on your tow bar and cable set, that component parts will be free of faults that result from material, production and/or construction errors.
Bosal exhausts offer a 12-month manufacturer’s warranty.
Bosch wiper blades have a 12-month warranty on any metal parts and a 6-month warranty on rubber components and are subject to operational conditions.
All parts fitted which are not directly supplied by TYREMART POLOKWANE are fitted entirely at the customers own risk. TYREMART cannot warrant the quality or suitability of non-supplied parts, and take no liability for losses, damage or injury caused by the fitment of these parts.